FARM TO TABLE

Saturday was better than Christmas morning. Chris worked the Farmer’s Market for Johnson's Backyard Garden in the morning and brought home his payment: the most beautiful locally grown vegetables. And not just a couple, he brought home the whole farm! I was sitting on the patio when he got home. He was filthy with dirt and sweat, but he had the biggest smile on his face when he said, “you want to help me with the groceries?”. He knew I would be pleased. They covered our entire counter! Fresh basil and mint, heirloom tomatoes, eggplant, all kinds of peppers, bags of carrots, and the best freshest bread I’ve ever tasted… it was insane. Our neighbors instantly rushed over. All of us were giddy the rest of the weekend and cooking up a storm. There’s no doubt I have a passion for food. Everything about it. Nutrition, cooking, farming, tasting, overindulging, you name it. This is why my friend and I have decided to start a food blog about our weekly community provisions. Here’s a sample from the weekend goings-on:




More to come on our food blog, One Green Table, ...coming soon. Also, I am working the Farmer's Market this weekend too! So double the week's rations. So many veggies, so little time.

And look how cute and perfect their branding is. The design is done by Ryan Rhodes and photos courtesy of the Johnson's Backyard Garden website.