FILM POSTERS

Sometimes it baffles me how production companies choose the cover art for films. There are some really good film poster designers out there. I think we can all agree that the best design doesn’t always win. As a designer, this is bittersweet. I would enjoy the experience of choosing a movie way more if the covers were pretty. However, I have a hard enough time as it is choosing a good film to watch. If I’m being real honest, I should say that the decision making process usually wears me out so much that I usually fall asleep within the first 30 minutes. Great design could potentially worsen this condition. The decision making process could potentially get easier, but the great design could mask a terrible story line resulting in premature slumber all over again.

I really love the film poster design work of Akiko Stehrenberger. Check out some of my favorites below:








Katie